At GRBH we provide assessments, diagnoses, treatment planning multiple types of therapies and medication management. The field of mental health services has changed dramatically over the years for multiple reasons. Ultimately each person is seeking change in one or several aspects in their lives. For many years it has been unclear what exactly specifically occurs in treatment, how it works, how we know its working. Recent changes in mental health research and practices have indicated such treatments are more effective when there is a focus or set goals, outcomes, results in one’s life.
Our practice focuses on assisting people change specific components in life and addressing issues.
Such issues may include, but are not limited to, specific psychiatric disorders.
Is your practice right for me?
Seeking out help is an individual choice. There are many reasons why people come to Galler Rimm Behavioral Health Services. Sometimes it is to deal with long-standing psychological issues, or problems with anxiety or depression, or to work out solutions to unexpected changes in one's life such as a divorce or work transition. Other times it is in response to challenges they may be facing with their children or other family members. Many seek advice for themselves or their children regarding emotional, educational, or developmental issues. We can help provide insight, support, new strategies, and diagnostic advice for many types of issues including depression, anxiety, conflict, parenting issues, poor school performance, grief, stress management, body-image issues, and general life transitions. Our services may be right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives.
How can Galler Rimm Behavioral Health Services help me?
A number of benefits are available through our practice. We can provide support, diagnostic advice, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for many emotional, developmental, educational, and/or behavioral issues. We can assist with managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, school concerns, and the hassles of daily life. We can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. Some of the benefits of our services include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your child(ren), your marriage, and/or your family.
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek advice
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
- Accessing diagnostic and medication advice
What are the sessions like?
Every session is unique and caters to each individual and their specific goals. It is standard for us to discuss the primary issues and concerns during our sessions. It is common to schedule a series of weekly appointments, where each session lasts around fifty minutes. Our involvement can be short-term, focusing on a specific issue, or longer-term, addressing more complex or ongoing issues. Our services will be most effective if you are an active participant, both during and between the sessions. Here are some things you can expect from us:
- Compassion, respect and understanding
- Perspectives to illuminate persistent patterns and negative feelings
- Real strategies for enacting positive change
- Effective and best-practice techniques along with practical guidance
What about medication?
In some cases a combination of medication and other therapies is the right course of action. We can help determine what's best for you. We strive towards an integrative approach to wellness.
Do you accept insurance and how does insurance work?
We accept most local insurances. We bill for both mental health and medical codes. To determine if your plan provides coverage, the first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and find the answers to the following questions:
- What are your mental/behavioral health benefits?
- What are your medical benefits?
- What is the co-pay amount per therapy session?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions your plan covers?
- How much does your insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from your primary care physician?
Is therapy confidential?
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all doctor-patient communications and information. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client (or parents if the client is a minor).
However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse. We are required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. We are required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. We will make every effort to work with the individual and/or their family to ensure their safety. However, additional measures may need to be taken under some circumstances.